Thursday, September 29, 2011

Holiday Break!

Our book club is on holiday break until January 2012. We finished up our Book Club year this month with a meeting at Chickfila! Jody Beth led a great mini study of The Book of Ruth. THANK YOU JODY BETH!!! We had 6 people in attendance. It was a good meeting and it was nice to have the new atmosphere. Please be sure to give me feedback on what you thought of the meeting at Chickfila, Like or Dislike?

I hope you have enjoyed reading along this year. Here is a list of all our book selections for 2011 just in case you missed one and would like to catch up:

January – The Help by Kathryn Stockett
February – The practice of the presence of God by Brother Lawrence
March – Left to Tell by Immaculee Ilibagiza
April – Have a little faith by Mitch Albom
May – Heaven is for real by Todd Burpo
June – Under the overpass by Mike Yankoski
July – Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
August – What different do it make? by Ron Hall & Denver Moore
September – The Book of Ruth (The Bible)

As many of you know I am in school full time right now and I am extremely busy with school work and that absorbs most all my "extra" reading time right now. Please be sure to share with me good books that you have read or read during this time of break from the club. I'm trying to listen to books on CD to get in my non-school related reading. I will probably need a lot of help and suggestions to really get 2012 off to a great start!

I pray that each one of you has found something good and unexpected from our readings this year and have been blessed in some way by being a part of this club. I pray that each of you have a peaceful and wonderful holiday season. Thank you for your participation, attendance, opinions, suggestions and words of encouragement. I truly appreciate each and every one.

Happy Reading!

With Love,
Amber

No comments: