Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Christ the Lord, The Road to Cana By Anne Rice

I have just finished up reading Christ the Lord, The Road to Cana by Anne Rice. If you have been paying attention you will note that I finished up all 321 pages of this book much faster than the 1st novel in the series. Here is what the book cover tells you about the book:

It's a winter of no rain, endless dust, and talk of trouble in Judea. All who know and love Jesus find themselves waiting for some sign of the path he will eventually take. After his baptism, he is at last ready to confront his destiny. At the wedding at Cana, he takes water and transforms it into red wine. Thus, he's recognized as the anointed one and called by God the Father to begin a ministry that will transform an unsuspecting world. (end quote)

This is a christian fiction book based on historical fact about the life of Jesus as an adult. This book highlights the baptism with John the Baptist and the wedding at Cana. I got through this book alot faster than I did the previous and have to say I enjoyed it much more. Even though it took me longer to get through the first I do not believe reading one without the other is helpful. I recommend that you read them both even if the first is harder to get through. Again Anne Rice offers an Author's note at the end of the book which is helpful in understanding where she got her story from and how she feels about it. I like that at the end she tells you that if this book doesn't help bring you closer to Jesus then put it away. She does plan to have more books in this series as she continues the life of Jesus and I'm sure I will read them when they come out. I still do not believe this book or the 1st will be a selection for our book club. As always if you have any thoughts and decide to read the book, please share them with us! Happy Reading!

No comments: