Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Review of 2009

We have finished up our book club meetings for 2009. I am looking forward to this well deserved break of October - December. I can promise you I have a few stacks of books sitting around staring me down waiting to be read. Several of you are owners of these books and I promise I have not forgotten. I will keep up the blog with what I am reading during the break and welcome anyone who would like to participate with a review of a book they read. All you have to do is e-mail me. If you come across a good book that you think the club will enjoy please let me know, I love recommendations! You never know, what you suggest may end up as the next month’s book. We will resume meetings in January 2010. Stay tuned in December as details for January are announced. I hope you have enjoyed our year and look forward to the next. I thank each one of you for your participation, recommendations, conversation and company. A Special Thank you to those who selected me to lead our Book Club and Thank you to Beacon of Life for allowing us to use their space for meetings.

Here’s a list of all the wonderful books we read this year in case you want a reminder:

January – Traveling Light by Max Lucado
February – Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
March – Same kind of different as me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore
April – The Shack by William P. Young
May – Having a Mary heart in a Martha world by Joanna Weaver
June – The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
July – The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
August – The Five people you meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
September – One Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury

If you have any questions or need anything please feel free to contact me at abookjunkie(at)gmail(dot)com.

P.S. Don't forget to take advantage of the Public and Church library! They are Free!

No comments: