Sunday, August 23, 2009

Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright

The other night after I figured out what we would be reading for September; I decided it was time to start thinking about what books I would recommend for our off time. Earlier this year someone recommended the book, Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright. I know we are a ways off from Christmas but like I said I was getting my research out of the way. Here is what the book flap says:






"Where had the money come from? Whose money was it? Was I to spend it? Save it? Pass it on to someone more needy? Above all else, why was I chosen? Certainly there were others, countless others more needy than I..." Rising Newspaper reporter Hope Jensen uncovers the secret behind the "Christmas Jars"-glass jars filled with coins and bills, anonymously given to people in need. But Hope discovers much more than she bargained for when some unexpected news sets off a chain reaction of kindness and brings about a Christmas Eve wish come true. (end quote)





I have the large print edition from the library because that was all that was available and it was 132 pages so the smaller print may be even smaller. This book is fiction and a really easy read. I decided that it is okay to go ahead and share this book with you to inspire you to think about the idea of the Christmas jar. Have you ever done a random act of kindness for someone? Has someone ever done one for you? The idea of the Christmas jar in the story is something that is fictional but that real people all over have turned into real life. If you go to the authors website you will see countless stories and testimonies of those who have received and given Christmas jars. There is even some information for some sequel's coming soon. This is something you can think about doing now. Get a mason jar or some type of jar and start putting all your spare change in it. Maybe skip those extras every once in a while and put that money in the jar. You never know, you may have enough to make some one's day this Christmas. And then maybe next year you can start putting your change in your jar even earlier in the year. I encourage you to read the book, to be inspired that there are still good people out in the world and you can be one of them. Even in economic hard times a difference can be made just by some nickels and dimes. Look around and think about the blessings that you have. I hope you take the time to read it and think it over, Make a difference! I will be presenting more information about this book at our September meeting so stay tuned! Happy Reading!




To comment on this post click on "comments" Type in your comment then where it has the drop down box click on "Name/URL" Type in your name, you do not have to have a URL. Then you can preview and post your comment.

No comments: