Monday, April 12, 2010

Book Club News

Hello Fellow Readers!

I have decided to start a follow-up message after meetings so that if you missed one you will still be in the know about what's going on with the book club.


Meeting News

At our March discussion of God's Smuggler by Brother Andrew, I am sorry to say that we only had 3 people in attendance. And in case you didn't know, 5 in February and 8 in January. Reading this, you can probably guess that our numbers are diminished. I know that so many read the book but just don't have time for the meetings or maybe the meetings really aren't something that you need. For some, I know it's enough just to have the idea of reading along with everyone. At this time ideas are being tossed around about possibly moving the meetings to every other month or quarterly? Maybe meet somewhere other than the church? Discuss changing time of the month? Nothing is certain, these are just ideas that will be discussed later in the month.


Blog News


When we started the book club the idea was born of having a blog about the book club so that members who couldn't or didn't want to attend meetings could read about the book online and make discussion there. Which became, Serendipity Book Club Blog. At first I was constantly writing about the books throughout the month and every once in awhile someone would comment. But as the year went on the participants dwindled and so did my motivation. I'm not sure how many of you read it, but just want to announce that I will no longer attempt to constantly blog about the book each month. I will still tell you about the other books I am reading and make announcements and write about what we are reading a little bit. But I am officially removing the self-imposed pressure to blog throughout the whole month.

Well that's all the news for today. I hope you are enjoying the April book, A Lineage of Grace by Francine Rivers. As always please e-mail me with any questions or concerns.

Thanks for being a part of the Serendipity Book Club. Happy Reading!

No comments: