Friday, January 9, 2009

Easier said than done.

Are you tired today? Do you feel weary at times from lack of rest? Do you feel like you are constantly going and never stopping? In Chapter 5 Max gives us some interesting statistics about sleep and our problem with actually resting. Interestingly enough we are brought back to our similarity with the sheep. As Max states, for sheep to sleep everything has to be just so and who makes it like that for the sheep? The Shepard, without him they can’t rest. “He makes me lie down in green pastures” The Shepard is the one in control, making us lie down in green pastures. We wonder how things will get done if we stop. I love the way Max states God’s response to our busy lives, “If creation didn’t crash when I rested, it won’t crash when you do.” Let’s all take a minute for Max’s advice and repeat, “It is not my job to run the world.” When you have a chance, go back to page 41 where Max has printed the commandment concerning the Sabbath day. Why do you think God used more words in explaining this commandment than he did the others? Do you think he was already anticipating our excuses?

I know I tend to tote a shoulder bag of busy along with the weary one. Gotta do this... Gotta get that done... I am still working on setting it down completely, it seems to be caught on my elbow or something.... but progress is being made. I pray you are able to make progress too. :-)


To comment on this post click on "comments" Type in your comment then where it has the drop down box click on "Name/URL" Type in your name, you do not have to have a URL. Then you can preview and post your comment.

No comments: